Daily Announcements for: Thursday, October 19, 2017
For PreK-12th Students:
- Early birthday wishes to Mrs. Faller and Jaden Plooster – Mrs. Faller’s birthday is tomorrow and Jaden’s birthday is Saturday!
- Today’s Lunch Menu: Top Your Tater, helper – Jackie Sprik
- Next Monday’s Lunch Menu: Hamburgers and Fries, helper – Michelle Greger
- NO SCHOOL TOMORROW.
- Student Council will hold a pep rally on Oct. 31 for Volleyball Regions. Want to see a teacher kiss a pig??? You can vote to see Mr. Mitchell, Mr. Boer, Mrs. Faller, or Miss Scherr kiss the pig by putting $$$ in their bucket in the office. (The funds raised will go towards Student Council.)
For 7-12th Students:
- Lunch Times for today: 12:30 – Juniors; 12:31 – Sophomores; 12:32 – Freshmen; 12:33 – 8th grade; 12:34 – 7th grade; 12:35 – Seniors
- Student Council meeting at lunch in Mrs. Feenstra's room!
- Volleyball practice will be at DC today!
- Quiz Bowl meeting during lunch in the DDN room.
- JH and HS Prairie Reader participants – your prairie reader books are in Mrs. Masur’s room.
- The following owe Mrs. Feenstra $2: Joey, Maggie, LaDean, Marissa, Jacob, Jaden, Mary Lou, Cameron, Tate, Lexie
- 7th-12th grade girls: On Friday a group of women are making young girls’ feminine hygiene kits that will be sent to Africa. If you don’t have anything to do on Friday and would like to help out please stop at the Platte Senior Citizen Center between 10:00 and 3:00. Contact Mrs. Van Dusseldorp if you have questions.
- 9th-12th graders, don't forget to have your baskets, cards, etc. for Brady Sprik to Mrs. Masur no later than Monday. Remember, you are doing this as a class, not individually.
- 7th-12th grade boys’ basketball open gym at 6:30 at DC
- The high school choir will sing at the area churches Reformation Day worship service Sunday, October 29, in the school gym. Students should be at school by 6:20 pm to warm up and run through their pieces for a sound check. The service is at 7:00 with Rev. Jack Gray preaching.
- Cheer workouts this week:
- Thursday 3:30 pm
- Jr High girls’ basketball practice starts this week. If you have any questions or concerns please contact coach Kroese or coach Long. Looking forwards to seeing all the girls on WEDNESDAY!!!!
- Thursday October 19. @Lake 4:00 to 6:00
- Friday October 20. = NO PRACTICE
For PreK-6th Students:
Parents/Readers on the Web:
- Parent Teacher conferences will be next Thursday, Oct. 26 from 2 to 8:30 p.m.
- Teachers of 7th-12th grade students will be available in their classrooms and parents can come when it is convenient for them. If you would like to schedule a time with the JH or HS teachers please call or email the office by this Thursday, Oct. 19. Out of respect for other parents who may be waiting please do not visit with a teacher for longer than 15 minutes. If you need more time with a certain teacher, please make arrangements for a separate conference.
- Parents of the K-6th grade students will schedule a short conference time with each teacher using Sign Up Genius. An invitation email was sent out yesterday; or you can go to our website and under the resources tab select Parent Teacher Conference Sign Up. You will need to sign up in order to view the schedule and schedule your times. If you do not sign up and schedule your own time slot, you will be randomly assigned a slot on the schedule. Out of respect for other parents who may be waiting please do not visit with a teacher for longer than 15 minutes. If you need more time with a certain teacher, please make arrangements for a separate conference.
If you have questions please call the school office.
- Mrs. Faller will be available for conferences from 2-4:00 p.m. next Thursday.
- Mrs. Zomer nor Mrs. DeJager will not be available for conferences next Thursday. If you have questions or concerns for either of them, please call or email them.
- The Scrip Team will be available to help you get signed up for online ordering or to get one-on-one scrip information during Parent-Teachers Conferences on October 26 from 2-8 p.m. Please sign up for the time that works best for you during conferences. Please bring the checking account routing number/bank account number you wish to have debited for your order. If any non-student family members (grandparents, friends, etc.) would also like the info, please sign them up for a separate time.
Kelsey VP – leaving at 2:45 p.m.
Today’s School Excused Absences
Sada DL, Luke K, Megan M, Chase P, Kami P, Kendall V, Pearce VP, Dillon DH
10/19 End of first nine weeks
10/20 NO SCHOOL
Faculty In-service, All day
VB vs MCS at DC – JV and V starting at 6:30 p.m.
Senior Parent recognition for volleyball
10/21 State CC at Rapid City, 10 a.m.
10/23 VB at Gregory – JV and V starting at 6:30 p.m.
10/24 5th/6th BB vs White Lake, at DC 4:30 p.m.
Health Screenings, 1:00 p.m.
10/25 Flu Shot Clinic, 8:30 a.m. (sponsored by Platte Medical Clinic)
10/26 Parent/Teacher Conferences 2:00 – 8:30 p.m.
1:45 p.m. dismissal
10/27 No School
10/28 All-State Chorus
10/30 VB Regions
10/31 VB Regions
5th/6th BB vs TDA, at Armour 4:15 p.m.
11/02 VB Regions
11/03 FB Playoffs
11/04 Fall Fling
11/07 VB Sweet 16
11/09 State FB
11/10 Veteran’s Day Chapell (All-School chapel), 10 a.m.
11/13 School Board Meeting, 7:00 p.m.
11/14 Scrip Orders
11/16 State VB
11/17 State VB
11/18 State VB
11/21 JH Music Festival in Platte (7th/8th)
11/22 Noon Dismissal
11/23 No school – Thanksgiving
11/24 No School
11/27 JH WR Winner Tourney 5:00 p.m.
12/01 JH WR at O’Neil 5:00 p.m.
12/02 WR Kimball Tourney 10:00 a.m.
12/04 JH WR Parkston Tourney 6:00 p.m.
12/07 K-12 Christmas Concert
12/08 Caroling (?)
12/09 BB DH at Platte-Geddes
WR Gregory Tourney 9:00 a.m.
12/11 School Board Meeting, 7:00 p.m.
12/12 Scrip Orders
BB DH vs Ethan at DC
JH WR Gregory Tourney 5:00 p.m.
Pep band plays
12/15 All-School Chapel
12/16 BB DH at Scotland
WR Titan Invite at Plankinton 9;30 a.m.
12/20 End of second nine weeks and first semester
12/21 BB DH vs Corsica-Stickney at Corsica
12/29 BB DH vs Gregory at DC
WR McCook Central Tourney at Salem 9:00 a.m.