Daily Announcements for: Tuesday, May 16, 2017
For PreK-12th Students:
- Happy Birthday to Chase Pheifer!
- Today’s Lunch Menu: Breakfast sandwich and breakfast burrito
- We would like to thank all who were involved in any way with packing shoeboxes for Guatemala! Doing this in memory of Andrew really reflects the love and compassion that was revealed in his heart as he reached out to the children with the love of Jesus! Blessings to all as you finish a year that has had many challenges as well as opportunities! To God be the glory! ~ Gary and Pat Vander Pol
- Reminder that school starts at 8:15 a.m. tomorrow. We will dismiss at 11:45!
- Students please clean out your folders on the server before you leave on summer vacation! Harv will be cleaning them out over the summer – if you need something please save it to a flash drive.
- 5-12 Band students: Just a reminder that Mrs. De Jager will be taking students out for Boom's ice cream in the fall who have taken AT LEAST 5 summer lessons with Mr. Patzlaff, Mrs. Groon, Mrs. Bentz, or Denise Van Zee this summer. If you plan to do this, please contact them ASAP to get on their summer lesson schedule. Sometimes they are hard to get ahold of after school lets out. Thanks!
- The following 6-12 band students need to turn in their Pep Band flip folders (7-12 make sure "When the Saints" is included!): Mary Lou Siems, Kennedy Sejnoha, Allison Muckey, Jaden Plooster, Hayden Hubers, Joey Baas, LaDean De Haai, Isabella Brouwer, Tate Timmermans, Marissa Maas, Jacob Mudder, Cassidy Vanden Hoek, Lexie Vander Pol, Mackenzie Muckey, Karleah Pheifer, and Micah Mitchell. A few of the 7-12 folders were put back in your boxes if you did not have "When the Saints" in your folder. Please add that song and then turn it in again. Thank you!
For 7-12th Students:
- Emma F please turn in your track uniforms.
- Gabe Baas, please return your tuners/metronomes to Mrs. De Jager by this week or pay $15 to Mrs. De Jager if you would like to keep them and continue using them (strongly encouraged J). These are wonderful tools in a high school musician's tool box! I'd love it if you'd like to own your own tuner. Thanks!
- Ahna VP – PLEASE PAY FOR YOUR PROM GLASSES!
- Clay, Michael, and Ahna turn in your exit interview.
- 7th-12th are you getting your end of the year check out slips signed? They need to be signed and turned in at your last exam. (FYI Shauna can sign for the extracurricular uniforms.)
- Students - All bills will need to be paid and forms turned in before you can take your last semester test!
- HS Choir: We will practice our piece for graduation on Wednesday during the break between exams from 9:50ish - 10:05ish. Please meet in the music room. Also, please plan to arrive at graduation Friday evening no later than 5:45 p.m. to get your music and line up. Classy dress, please!
- 7th-12th graders: just a reminder that you are each responsible for cleaning your locker inside and out before you can take your exams. So start bringing all your extra stuff home and remove all tape, etc. from both inside and outside. If any food/drink has spilled on the inside you will need to get a bucket of hot soapy water to wash it. When you feel your locker is ready for inspection, have your class advisor approve it for you. Thanks!
- Speaking of lockers – the lockers in the locker rooms need to be cleaned out also! Please remove all of your belongings by the end of the school year.
- Chase would like to invite 7th-12th grade boys to a bible study this summer. We will be studying Exodus and will meet at Platte CRC on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. This is an 8 week study starting Wednesday, May 24. Talk to Chase if you wish to attend!
- High school volleyball girls that we have a camp May 30th for grades 3 - 6 at D.C. Be at the gym at 9:00 am.
- Chapel committee – there are leftover cupcakes. If you brought cupcakes last Friday please stop in the office to check if your container is there with cupcakes to take home J
For PreK-6th Students:
Parents/Readers on the Web:
- Tuition Reminder to Parents – tuition should be paid by the end of the semester. Timely payment of tuition makes it possible for us to pay OUR bills.
- Parents, we just wanted to remind you that summer is a great time to get your children caught up on their vaccines. Whether they are entering into 6th grade or if you need additional doses of a series you may have started this past year. We schedule immunizations on Wednesday afternoons so you can call any clinic number to schedule an appointment or to ask a nurse which immunizations your child might need. Platte Medical Clinic
- BOXTOPS FOR EDUCATION, LABELS FOR EDUCATION, PIZZA RANCH WAGONS, AND ALUMINUM CANS CAN ALL BE BROUGHT TO SCHOOL NOW! Or if you want to save them over the summer that is great. The Can Center will be receiving cans all summer. We are NOT doing anything special with the tabs from cans. Please keep them on the cans! Thanks for your support of our school by saving these items.
- Information about Labels for Education. This company is changing its program and will accept actual LABELS FOR EDUCATION until August 1. Please look at your soup cans on your shelves and other products and peel them off for us. If the paper around the soup can has a label and bar code we can use, if not we do not need it. Thanks!
2nd Semester Exam Schedule
Tuesday, May 16 Wednesday, May 17
10:00 Devotions 8:15 Devotions
10:15 – 11:45 7th hr exam 8:30 – 10:00 5th hr exam
11:45 – 12:05 Lunch 10:00 – 10:10 Break
12:10 – 1:40 2nd hr exam 10:15 – 11:45 8th hr exam
1:40 – 1:45 Break 11:45 SUMMER!
1:50 – 3:20 1st hr exam
5/17 End of 4th Nine Weeks
End of 2nd Semester
Last Day of School, Noon Dismissal
5/18 Teacher In service
Region TM, 10 a.m. at Kimball
5/19 Teacher In service
Graduation, 6:00 p.m.
Pre Region Golf at Mitchell, 10 a.m.
5/23 Region Golf at Mitchell, 10 a.m.
5/26 State Track Meet, Howard Wood Field in Sioux Falls
5/27 State Track Meet, Howard Wood Field in Sioux Falls
6/5 State Golf in Sioux Falls
6/6 State Golf in Sioux Falls
6/12 School Board Meeting, 7:30 p.m.
6/13 Scrip Orders
7/10 School Board Meeting, 7:30 p.m.
7/18 Scrip Orders
8/14 School Board Meeting, 7:30 p.m.
8/22 Scrip Orders