Daily Announcements for: Wednesday, August 23, 2017
For PreK-12th Students:
- Happy birthday to Tate DeBoer!
- Today’s Lunch Menu: Pizza Burger, helper – Judy Hansum
- Tomorrow’s Lunch Menu: Scalloped Potatoes and Ham, helper – Kirsti Muckey
- We need back page of the handbook signed by the following families: Lawrence Cole, Kyle Craven, Ryan Erickson, Shane Niewenhuis, Gary Maas, Marlin Maas, Dillon Munneke, Joshua Srstka, Aaron Timmermans, Mark Van Dusseldorp, Luke Vander Ley, Corey Vander Pol. If you need a copy of the handbook let the office know and we will send one home with your child(ren). Beginning next Monday students will lose computer privileges if we do not have the signed forms on file.
- The following families need to turn in the income survey: Rich Greger, Shawn Paulson, Mark Van Dusseldorp, and Corey Vander Pol. If you need a copy of this let the office know and we will send one home with one of your children.
- School pictures are Wednesday, August 30. Forms will be sent home next Monday.
- Drumline: Reminder that we will have practice Thursday morning at 7:30am. Mrs. De Jager will bring donuts!
For 7-12th Students:
- Lunch Times for today: 12:30 – Seniors; 12:31 – Juniors; 12:32 – Sophomores; 12:33 – Freshmen; 12:34 – 8th grade; 12:35 – 7th grade
- Maggie Backes - Please bring $18 to the office for a box of clarinet reeds
- Today is the last day to drop/add classes. If you need to make a change to your schedule get a drop/add slip in the office and then talk with Mrs. Veurink about what you would like to change.
- 7th/8th grade girls interested in playing Junior High basketball this year, there is a signup sheet in the office. Sign up by the end of the day TODAY.
- In memory of Andrew we want to spread the love of Jesus by serving others. On Thursday the 7th-12th will be leaving at 1:00 p.m. and will return by end of day. Some of you will be working at New Hope camp and some of you will hang out with the residents of Twilight Vista. Want to know where you will be going? Mrs. Faller posted a list by the lunch menu. (If you do not see your name we were told you will not be in school that afternoon. If you are planning to be in school and your name was not listed talk to Mrs. Faller.)
- If you are one of the people going to help at New Hope camp on Thursday please bring work clothes, shoes, and gloves.
- We are flipping 5th and 6th periods tomorrow, so there WILL BE band.
For PreK-6th Students:
- 2nd -6th grades please wear Broncos colors (orange and blue) on Thursday.
- The students from classes 2-6 will be heading to Platte at 9:30 to begin our Celebration Of Andrew's Life. Your child will partake in singing at the Platte Nursing home from 9:45-10:45. The student body will then head to the South Park for fun and games along with Andrew's favorite foods for lunch. The children will return to Dakota Christian at 12:30. We would also invite you to dress your child in Bronco apparel/ or Royal Blue and Orange colors to honor Andrew's interests. Thank you for your support in making this day possible for our children.
Parents/Readers on the Web:
- Thanks to General Mills and Walmart, when you buy five Box Tops for Education products between 8/1/17 and 8/31/17 and scan your receipt with the Box Tops Bonus App, you automatically earn 50 Bonus Box Tops – that’s $5 for our school!
- First day of preschool is Tuesday, Sept. 5.
- We are looking for someone that would be willing to coach 5th and 6th grade girls’ basketball for the 2017-2018 school year. If you, or someone you know, would be interested in helping in this way please contact the office.
- The Fellowship will kick off the year with its first meeting next Monday, August 28 at 7:30 p.m.
- Parents of 5th-12th grade band and choir students – concert attire for the year will be plain white shirts with black dress pants or skirts (skirts must be knee length or longer). We wanted to give advance notice in case you need to do some shopping.
- Band Parents/Community members: The Marching Band is in need of a few parents to practice with us during 6th period band on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:59 - 1:44. We would also need you to be able to commit to at least two of the three performances on Friday, Sept. 15; Friday, October 6; and Friday, October 13. Please let Mrs. De Jager know if you would be willing to help out!
- Band Parents: Please check your email for details on our band dress for this year and our upcoming marching band dates. Thank you!
- Room mothers for this year will meet at 8:15 a.m. tomorrow in the high school library.
Regan H – leaving after 6th hr, will return
Thursday, Aug. 24:
Brandon VZ – leaving after 4th hr
Maggie B – leaving at noon
Friday, Aug. 25:
8/24 VB Hanson Tourney
8/25 FB at Colome, 7:00 p.m.
8/26 CC at Mitchell, 10 a.m.
8/28 JH FB vs Corsica-Stickney at LA 4:00 p.m.
Fellowship Meeting 7:30 p.m.
8/29 VB vs BonHomme, at Tyndall 6:30 p.m.
Jostens Rep. 9:00 a.m. for Sophomores and Seniors
8/30 School Pictures
8/31 VB at Avon, 6:15 p.m.
9/1 FB vs Avon, at Tripp 7:00 p.m.
9/2 CC at Mt. Vernon, 9 a.m.
9/4 Labor Day - No School
9/5 CC at Scotland, 4:15 p.m. (6th-8th grade race)
VB vs Parkston at DCS 6:30 p.m.
JH/JV FB vs Colome at LA 4:00 p.m.
9/07 VB vs SBA at DCS 6:30 p.m.
9/08 FB vs Centerville at Tripp 7:00 p.m.
9/09 JH FB Scotland Jamboree 10:00 a.m.
9/11 CC at Pickstown, 4 p.m.
VB at Platte-Geddes 6:30 p.m.
9/12 VB vs Scotland at LA 6:30 p.m.
9/14 CC at Chamberlain, 2:30 p.m.
9/15 FB vs Burke/South Central at Burke 7:00 p.m.
9/16 VB BonHomme Tourney at Tyndall 8:30 a.m.
9/18 CC at BonHomme, 2:00 p.m.
5th/6th BB vs C-S at Stickney 4:30 p.m. (boys followed by girls)
JV FB vs Corsica-Stickney at Corsica 5:00 p.m.
9/19 Scrip Orders
VB vs TDA at LA 6:30 p.m.
9/22 FB vs Corsica/Stickney at Corsica 7:00 p.m.
9/23 CC at Platte, 10 a.m.
9/25 VB vs Menno at LA 6:15 p.m.
9/26 VB at Colome 6:30 p.m.
9/27 SYATP (See You At The Pole)
9/28 CC at Burke, 4:15 p.m. (Elementary race)
VB vs Freeman Academy/Marion at DC 6:30 p.m.
9/30 JH FB Burke Jamboree 9:00 a.m.