Daily Announcements for: Friday, March 22, 2019
For PreK-12th Students:
- Today’s Lunch Menu: Tatertot Casserole, helper – Val Feenstra
- Monday’s Lunch Menu: Breakfast Burrito Sandwich, helper – Lonnie Timmermans
- Congratulations to the 6-12 Concert Band on 3 Superior Ratings at Large Group Contest on Wednesday! Awesome job! You represented our school very well at the event, and your hard work was greatly blessed! Hats off to you!
- Penny War Results:
1st place – 5th and 6th with-201 points
2nd place – 3rd and 4th with -280 point
3rd place – K, 1st, and 2nd with -322 points
4th place – 7th grade with -517 points
5th place – seniors with -988 points
6th place – freshmen with -1,005 points
7th place – 8th grade with -1,009 points
8th place – sophomores with -1,015 points
9th place – juniors -1,586 points
Thank you to everyone that helped Alex with his class project and donated to Pheasants Forever.
For 7-12th Students:
- Lunch Times for today: 12:31 p.m. – freshmen; 12:32 p.m. – junior high; 12:33 p.m. – seniors; 12:34 p.m. –juniors; 12:29 p.m. – sophomores
- Reminder: If you miss class for a school event (track, golf, music), YOU are responsible to GO FIND your teacher and get work you will miss
- Student Council Meeting in Mrs. Feenstra’s room during lunch.
- Junior Class meeting at lunch Monday.
- 8th grade you will have art on today.
- Did you turn in your registration forms for next year? If not get them to Mrs. Veurink ASAP!
- Drama Cast – Practice will be Monday at 6:30 p.m.
- Sophomores and juniors: USD is hosting a summer Accounting Camp July 14-18. How does a summer Accounting camp sound to you? Before you disregard it, consider that you will earn a college credit! You can pick up a registration form from Mrs. Veurink, or register online at
- The drum has been replaced in the color printer in the computer lab and the printer is in working order once again!
- Track practice at DC today until 4:30. Monday is at LA. Team picture Monday.
For K-6th Students:
Parents/Readers on the Web:
- Student Council sponsored Blood Drive is next Wednesday, March 27, from 8:15 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the DCS gym. Please call the office to schedule an appointment. Help save lives by donating!
- DCS Junior Parents are selling Dakota Tom’s sandwiches, Old Trapper beef jerky, Meat Lodge meat sticks and Wooden Shoe cheese curds. Contact DCS office or a member of the junior class if you would like to make a purchase. Order forms can also be found on the DC Facebook page as well as the DCS website. (Go to News>Announcements>and the link is on the right had side under Previous Announcements.) Proceeds will pay for post banquet activities. Place your order by Monday, March 27. Orders will be filled Wednesday, April 3.
- The senior class would like to invite you to chapel next Friday, March 29 at 10:00 a.m. in the music room. They will be sharing about their experiences from their class trip to Texas where they worked alongside Carissa Bruinsma and the YWAM organization.
- The next Fellowship Meeting is Monday, April 1st at 7:30 p.m. We will be electing officers at this meeting. If you would be willing to have your name in for one of the position please contact Jessica Brouwer.
- Date Change! Due to other events, Festival of Tables is moving their date to Saturday, April 27. Our entertainment will be The Very Unmerry Adventures of Robin Hood presented by the Dakota Christian High School Drama. Table Viewing is at 5:30pm, Meal at 6pm, and the Drama at 7pm. Tickets for the meal are $20. Ticket deadline is April 15. To purchase tickets or to host and decorate a table, call or text Tracy Maas at 680-4511, or Sara Backes at 680-4487.
Isabella B – 2nd hr
Isabel P – 3rd hr
Cassidy VH – leaving at 11:50 a.m.
Monday, March 25
Gabe B – leaving at 10:30, will return
Tuesday, March 26
Melanie M – coming in later
Jacob M – coming in later
Friday, March 29
3/22 HS All-State Band in Rapid City
5th/6th speeches at Platte Nursing Home
3/23 HS All-State Band in Rapid City
State Bullseye Archery Tournament, Rapid City
3/25 Society Meeting, 7:00 p.m.
3/26 Gregory Invite HS TM, 1 p.m.
3/27 Student Council Sponsored Blood Drive, 8:15 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
3/28 DCS Science Fair
3/29 State 3D Archery Shoot, Brookings
4/1 Fellowship Meeting, 7:30 p.m.
4/2 SCC JH/HS SCC TM, noon
4/4 Burnell Glanzer Relays HS TM at Armour, 2 p.m.
4/5 5th-8th Vocal Contest at Armour
4/8 School Board Meeting, 7:30 p.m.
4/9 Red Raider Invite HS TM at Wagner, 2 p.m.
4/11 Corsica-Stickney JH TM at Corsica, 1 p.m.
4/12 11:45 a.m. dismissal
1:00 p.m. Faculty In-Service
Avon Invite HS TM at Avon, 4:30 p.m.
Junior Senior Banquet
4/15 Freshmen Impact at Armour
4/16 Jaguar Invite HS TM at Corsica, 1 p.m.
Kindergarten Round Up
4/17 PreSchool Open House
4/18 Platte-Geddes Invite JH TM at Platte, 2 p.m.
Easter Breakfast and Chapel
4/19 No School
Jim Flevares Relays HS TM at BonHomme, 4 p.m.
4/22 No School
GPC JH/HS TM, 11 a.m.
4/24 5th-8th Instrumental Contest at Platte-Geddes
4/25 K-12 Spring Concert & Art Show
4/26 Christian Ed Week Service Day (?)
4/27 Platte-Geddes Invite HS TM at Platte, 10 a.m.
Festival of Tables **note date change
4/29 Red Raider Invite JH TM at Wagner, 3 p.m.
4/30 LMVC HS TM at LA, 2 p.m.