Daily Announcements for: Thursday, February 22, 2018
For PreK-12th Students:
- Happy Birthday to Lois Van Dusseldorp!
- Today’s Lunch Menu: Chicken Stir Fry – Michelle Greger
- Tomorrow’s Lunch Menu: Tatertot Casserole – Monica Vander Pol
- Reminder that AC/DC activity passes will not be honored at any District games. Admission prices are $6 for adults and $4 for students.
- Good luck to the girls’ basketball team as they face Corsica-Stickney at Corsica in Region 6B basketball play tonight weather permitting. Game time is 7:00 p.m.
- Archery Practice for February:
- Feb 23 Friday 7:00 – 8:00 3rd to 7th grades, 8:00 to 9:00 is 8th to 12th grades
- Feb 27 Tuesday 7:00 – 8:00 3rd to 7th grades, 8:00 to 9:00 is 8th to 12th grades (depending on Boys regions)
For 7-12th Students:
Lunch Times for today: 12:31 – 7th grade; 12:32 – Seniors; 12:33 – Juniors; 12:34 – Sophomores; 12:35 – Freshmen; 12:36 – 8th grade
- The BBB game vs. Gayville-Volin at Gayville has been moved from tonight to Friday, the 23rd. Game time will be JV at 5:00 followed by the varsity. Leave time from DC will be 2:15 for a 2:45 pm departure from LA.
- JH boys basketball will leave DC at 7:45 Saturday morning. First game in Avon is at 9:20.
- Sada DL and Kendall V – senior picture for class composite??? If you have a digital copy it can be emailed to the office (your photographer can email it for you). If you have an actual print please bring it to the office.
- Drivers’ education classes will begin at Platte-Geddes the first Monday in March. In order to sign up, you must currently be in the 8th grade, or you must be 14 years old by July 1, 2018. Cost for the classes is $240. The sign-up sheet is in the office. When you sign up, pick up a schedule of classes.
Parents/Readers on the Web:
- Girls Region 6B basketball information:
- Thursday, Feb. 22 -#1 Seed Avon plays #8 seed Scotland at Avon at 7:00 p.m.; the #4 seed Burke/South Central takes on #5 seed Kimball/White Lake at Burke at 7:00 p.m., #2 seed Tripp-Delmont/Armour takes on #7 seed Marty, and #3 seed Corsica Stickney takes on the #6 seed Andes Central Dakota Christian at Corsica at 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 24 – the winner of the Avon vs Scotland game will take on the winner of the Burke/South Central and Kimball/White Lake game at Mt. Marty College in Yankton at 6:30 p.m., the winner of the Tripp-Delmont/Armour vs Marty or Gregory will take on the winner of the Corsica-Stickney and Andes Central/Dakota Christian game at Mt. Marty College in Yankton at 8:00 p.m.
- Boys Region 6B basketball information:
- Monday, Feb. 26 - #8 seed will take on the # 9 seed at the #8 seed at 7:00 p.m.; the #7 seed will take on the #10 seed at the #7 seed at 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 27 - #1 seed will take on the winner of #8 seed and #9 seed at #1 seed at 7:00 p.m.; the #4 seed will take on the #5 seed at the #4 seed at 7:00 p.m.; the #2 seed will take on the winner of the #7 and #10 seed at the #2 seed at 7:00 p.m.; the #3 seed will take on the #6 seed at the #3 seed at 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Mar. 2 – the winner of #1 vs #8 or #9 will take on the winner of #4 vs #5 at Mt. Marty college in Yankton at 6:30 p.m.; the winner of the #2 vs #7 or #10 will take on the winner of #3 vs #6 at Mt. Marty College in Yankton at 8:00 p.m.
- Attention Parents: March 1st is the last day to sign up for Platte Summer Rec. After March 1st, a $25.00 late fee per player will apply. Questions – please contact Shawna Strand at 680-9650.
- Save the Date: The Fellowship annual Fundraiser—Festival of Tables—will be Saturday, April 14. A Five Piano Extravaganza will entertain. In Search of Table Hostesses—deadline is April 1. If interested contact Renae Timmermans 605-680-2106 or Linda DeHaai 605-680-4620.
Kase B –coming in later
Friday, Feb. 23
Alli, Mackenzie, Sidney M. – leaving at 2
2/22 GBB Regions
2/23 State WR
BBB vs Gayville-Volin at Gayville 6:30 p.m.
2/24 GBB Regions
JH BBB Avon Tourney
2/26 BBB Regions
2/27 BBB Regions
2/28 Missouri Valley Spelling Bee, at Bonesteel
3/01 GBB Sweet 16
Middle School All-State band in Huron
3/02 BBB Regions
Middle School All-State band in Huron
3/06 BBB Sweet 16
3/08 State GBB
3/09 State GBB
3/10 State GBB
3/09 End of third nine weeks
3/12 School Board Meeting, 7:00 p.m.
3/13 DC’s Got Talent
3/14 Prairie Readers
3/15 No school – Spring Break
3/16 No school – Spring Break
3/17 State BBB
3/20 Scrip Orders
3/21 Large Group Instrumental Contest in Mitchell
Dan Lennon HS TM at Vermillion 11:00 a.m.
3/22 Science Fair
High School All-State Band in Rapid City
3/23 High School All-State Band in Rapid City
3/24 High School All-State Band in Rapid City
Bullseye State Archery Tournament, Rapid City
3/26 Society Meeting
3/28 Student Council Blood Drive
3/29 Easter Chapel
3/30 No school – Good Friday