Daily Announcements for: Thursday, September 20, 2018
For PreK-12th Students:
- Today’s Lunch Menu: Chicken Alfredo, helper – Lydia Niewenhuis
- Tomorrow’s Lunch Menu: Bring your own lunch from home.
- School Pictures are next week Tuesday. Order forms will be sent home tomorrow.
- Band Students: REMINDER that you NEED TO HAVE BLACK TENNIS SHOES AND SOCKS, A WHITE COLLARED SHIRT, BLACK DRESS PANTS, YOUR BLACK BAND JACKET AND (ladies) YOUR HAIR PULLED NEATLY BACK for the Platte Parade on Friday. No exceptions please! This is our uniform for marching competitions. It is part of our score.
- Band Students: Please arrive a little before 8:00am on Friday morning in order to load your instrument into the trailer before first period. We will leave immediately following 1st hour for the Platte parade. You will be back by 1:30pm in time for 7th and 8th hour.
- Band Students: Please pay $7 to Mrs. De Jager for your Subway lunch on Friday at the Platte parade.
- Band Students who did not pay for your pizza in Lake Andes last week, please bring your $5 to Mrs. De Jager by Thursday. Thank you!
For 7-12th Students:
- Lunch Times for today: 12:30 p.m. – junior high; 12:31 p.m. – seniors; 12:32 p.m. – juniors; 12:33 p.m. – sophomores; 12:34 p.m. – freshmen
- Juniors, remember to call your assigned calendar ads and report your results to Mr. Boer your results by the end of September.
- Student Council meeting during lunch in Mrs. Feenstra’s room.
- 10th – 12th graders! Come check out Frontier School of the Bible at their college preview weekend. Located in LaGrange, WY, Frontier is a three year school that is focused on studying the Bible. September 27th – September 29th, come stay in the dorms, sit in on classes, play lots of games, mattress surf, go on a hay ride, find out a little more on what it means to be rooted and grounded in God’s love, and have a really fun time. Registration is online at frontierbible.org. Cost is $30. If you have any questions, e-mail Erika Veenstra at .
- Juniors and Seniors: The next ACT test date is October 27. Registration deadline is next Friday, Sept. 28. Plan accordingly.
For K-6th Students:
- The following band students still need to pay $35 to the office for their band jackets: Tia De Boer, Nadia Van Zuidam, Brooklyn Hubers, Kathryn Baas, Alyssa Middendorp, and Garth Maas
Parents/Readers on the Web:
- The Harvest Sale, Dakota Christian School’s biggest fundraiser, will be held tonight. Doors will open at 5:00 p.m., lunch at 5:30 p.m., and the auction shortly after that. Lunch includes pork loin sandwich, mac salad, and chips. Please come and support DCS!
- There will not be hot lunch on Friday. Please pack a lunch for your child(ren).
- School Pictures are next week Tuesday. Order forms will be sent home tomorrow. If you need extras sent home for children that are not in school yet, let the office know.
- Volleyball team is selling t-shirts. There is a picture of the designs and an order sign-up in the office.
- Band Parents: Please check your email for information about the Platte Parade on Friday. Thank you!
- Kitchen has a kitchen aid mixer for sale. Stop in, take a look, and give us your bid. Works great – new price would be $300. Accepting bids through next Wednesday. Top bidder will be called Wednesday at the end of the day. (Proceeds will go to the hot lunch department.)
- Books Are Fun (Collective Goods) is on display in the office. Orders will be filled next Thursday, Sept. 27.
- Val Vanden Hoek will be available tonight at the harvest sale, if anyone who questions about scrip.
Melanie M – leaving at 11:20, will return
Friday, Sept. 21
Gabe B – gone in a.m.
Cassidy VH – leaving after marching
9/20 Harvest Sale
9/21 FB vs Corsica-Stickney, (T-D homecoming) at Tripp 7:00 p.m.
9/22 CC at Platte 10:00 a.m.
VB vs Freeman Academy/Marion, at Freeman 2:00 p.m.
9/24 VB at Menno, 4:00 p.m.
JV FB at Scotland, 4:00 p.m.
9/25 School Pictures
VB vs Colome, at LA 5:15 p.m.
9/27 CC Great Plains Conference at Burke 4:15 p.m.
JH FB vs Corsica-Stickney, at Corsica 4:30 p.m.
9/28 Eligibility Check
JV FB vs Marty Indian School, at LA 4:00 p.m.
9/29 VB Great Plains Conference Tourney, at Mt. Marty 9:00 a.m.
JH FB Jamboree, at Burke 9:00 a.m.
10/01 VB vs Corsica-Stickney, at Corsica 4:30 p.m.
JH FB AC/DC, Burke, TDA triangular, at LA 4:00 p.m.
JV FB vs Burke/South Central, at LA 4:30 p.m.
10/02 College Planning Day in Mitchell
10/4 No School
CC at Parkston 4:15 p.m.
10/5 No School
FB vs Gayville-Volin, at Gayville 7:00 p.m.
10/6 VB vs Platte-Geddes, at DC 1:00 p.m.
10/9 VB vs Burke/South Central, at Burke 4:00 p.m.
10/10 CC Region 3B at Freeman 1:00 p.m.
PSAT for Juniors (class periods 1-5)
10/11 VB vs Wagner, Senior Night at LA 5:15 p.m.
10/12 FB at Scotland, 7:00 p.m.
All School Chapel
10/13 VB Thunder Nation Tourney, at DC 9:00 a.m.
10/15 VB vs KWL, at DC 4:00 p.m.
JH FB vs TDA, at Tripp 5:00 p.m.
10/16 Scrip Orders
10/17 11:45 a.m. dismissal
Faculty In-service, 1:00 p.m.
10/18 1st Round of FB Playoffs
10/19 End f 1st Quarter
VB vs MCS, at Mitchell 6:30 p.m.
10/20 State CC at Sioux Falls
10/22 VB vs Gregory, at DC 6:30 p.m.
10/24 Flu Shot Clinic, (provided by Platte Avera Health Center) 8:15 a.m.
10/25 1:45 p.m. dismissal
Parent Teacher Conferences, 2:00-8:00 p.m.
Quarter Final Round FB Playoffs
All State Chorus, Rapid City
10/26 No School
All State Chorus, Rapid City
10/27 All State Chorus, Rapid City
10/29 VB Region 6B Play in
10/30 VB Region 6B Quarter Finals
11/01 VB 6B Semi Finals
11/02 Semi Final Round FB Playoffs
11/03 Fall Fling, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
11/6 VB Round of 16
11/8 State FB a Vermillion
11/9 Veterans’ Day Program, 10 a.m.
Platte-Geddes JH Music Festival
11/15 State VB
11/16 State VB
11/17 State VB
11/19 3rd and 4th go to Symphony
11/21 Early dismissal
Thanksgiving Soup Luncheon
11/22 No School
11/23 No School
11/26 JH WR at Winner 5:00 p.m.
11/30 JH WR at O’Neil 5:00 p.m.